Thursday 26 April 2012

Springsteen

Well, we made it to the Springsteen concert. 

Something I feel I have been working toward for 26 (or so) years and I was pretty excited to say the least.

The venue was the HP Pavilion in the Silicon Valley town of San Jose, a very cool and clean place - and as Google, Ebay, Adobe Facebook etc have their offices in town the CBD has free WIFI, which is handy. 

Anyway back to Bruuuuuuuce. 

The set list was as follows, 

We take care of our own
Wrecking ball (Both songs of the new album, and he was very pumped up to be playing them)
Badlands (Hooley Dooley, he killed it here. This song really hit home that I was seeing Bruce with my own eyes. He was very passionate and he played the solos, which I wasn't sure he still did)
Death to my hometown
My city of ruins
Thundercrack (complete with audience "participation" which led him to state "that why I'm getting paid)
Jack of all trades (Daves favourite, )
Murder Inc
Johnny 99 (Never heard this one with a full band, as its from the Nebraska album and normally solo guitar, very cool)
My love will not let you down
Shackled and drawn
Waitin on a sunny day
The Promised land (he took a bit to warm into this one but when he did he proved he hasn't lost any of the fire and energy of original recordings)
Backstreets (Amazing song, another amazing solo)
41 Shots
Apollo Medley (Some soul songs fromt the bands residency days)
The Rising
Lonesome day
We are alive
Thunder Road :) (Pinching my self here)

Encore

Rocky ground
Out in the street (hard to pick favourite but if I had too...)
Born to Run (WHOOOOOOOOO)
Dancing in the dark (picked a litte girl out of the audience to dance with al la Courtney Cox)
Rosalita
Tenth Avenue Freeze out (for the missing Clarence Clemons)


All in all an amazing concert which I felt sooooo lucky to be at. 



Crowd surfing.